Monday, March 12, 2012

My favorite place

Today my dad and I drove to the cabin to open it up for the year. Apparently a whole family (colony?) of flies was keeping it occupied during our time away. Unfortunately many of them didn't survive the winter, I gave them a proper funeral by vacuuming up all their dead bodies. It was gross. The lake was mostly frozen, which surprised me because I don't remember it dropping below freezing...ever. Amazingly, the temperature inside the cabin managed to be a good 10-15 degrees cooler than outside, which is a godsend in the summer but today, not so much. After college, I left my bookshelf (and by relation all of my books) here, so I was glad to get the opportunity to recoger some of them to read at my increasingly boring job. I love our cabin. In the summer it is my favorite place to be: sitting on the wooden deck grilling steaks, drinking cold beers, going for long kayak rides, swimming in the lake. There are so many memories here, and I know that once I'm gone it's going to be one of the things I miss most.





No comments:

Post a Comment