Sunday, December 18, 2011

Roadblocks

I found out on Friday I won't be going to Honduras in February.

A volunteer was injured {in some kind of violent incident}, and due to growing instability in the country the Peace Corps has decided to cancel the program for next year. Which is the second setback I've had during this whole process. I have very mixed feelings about all of this, number one being frustration. After the delay last year, finally receiving my invitation made it all seem like such a sure plan. Now things seem to be a little up in the air. Of course, I don't want to be in a situation that's deemed unsafe. It just goes to show how lucky we are in the United States (I'm not saying there isn't violent crime here, but it doesn't seem to dominate daily life like it does in many countries around the world).

At this point I don't know too much, the placement officer told me I should be getting a phone call on Monday or Tuesday to explore what my options are from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment