Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Well...here it goes

This certainly isn't the first blog I've ever started, but I'm hoping it proves to be more successful than some of my [pitiful] past attempts. I have this problem sometimes where I start things and lose excitement shortly after. or maybe i assume that nobody cares.


I actually have a reason for writing one this time. I'm leaving soon to join the Peace Corps, and I'm hoping that this will provide the perfect outlet for me to chronicle my time abroad, as well as letting my family and friends in on what's going on in my life.


'You're joining the Peace Corps Ian?' let me guess, you've thought of it too. I hear that a lot, and to be honest one of the biggest motivators for me to send in my application [and eventually accept my invitation] was reading the blogs of current PCVs. I'm hoping that this can provide the same insight to someone, somewhere, considering the adventure. I'm always open, honest, and 100% sarcastic which cancels out the honesty. Basically I'm hoping for some good stories :)


The process of applying and getting ready to leave has been a long one (I still have until mid-February before I ship out!) but has taught me a lot about patience. It's also helped an über-planning control freak learn to go with the flow [which i must admit is has been hard, but i best get used to it now because i can only imagine what my time in the peace corps will be like!]


There's so much more I want to write about but I'm tired and will consider this small, late night contribution to be a sufficient start.

No comments:

Post a Comment